Tuesday, June 3, 2014

About me and About this blog

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog! My name is Amie Goodman I am 20 years young and want to tell you a little bit about myself and this blog. I am originally from South Florida and moved to a small town in South Georgia when I was a little girl. And just like any kid the move was pretty hard at first, During the first 3 years of living in Georgia my parents best friends had passed away which made being the “New kid” even harder. For years and years I just wanted to fit in and be like everyone else, I wanted to feel accepted. For most of my school years I was Home schooled so in other words I was very shy! Through the years I managed to make a few amazing best friends, came out of my shell and made wonderful high school memories. But like any girl I struggled with self-image issues, I was never the tall perfectly slim Barbie doll. Self-conscious about my weight, acne and all together image some days seemed like a battle. “Am I pretty enough?” Why don’t I look like her?” “I am so fat!” were just a few of many thoughts that went through my mind constantly. Every harsh thought towards myself just made my self-esteem go downwards even though on the outside I seemed confident. Does this maybe sound familiar to you? Well this is one of the very reasons why I wanted to start this blog. We are constantly surrounded by the media on how we should act, look and even think we are all affected by it. We are measured by so much more than what we are told by the media! We have worth in Jesus Christ! His love for us goes beyond what we can even comprehend. Now don’t get me wrong I love makeup, Fashion and photography, I love how I can express myself through the art of makeup, fashion and photography! But that’s not everything in life, your clothes or your makeup does not define your self-worth. My last year of High school was a real life changer for me; my mom and I were told by our church about an opportunity to go to Ireland for 2 weeks through a Christian charity Organization Called OM.  After a few months of planning and raising spiritual and financial support we got to go to Ireland and it change my family’s life forever. It still amazes me to this day that even though we go through every day insecurities and doubt God still bless us! During my 2 weeks in Ireland I was told about the Immersion program which basically is a year gap program to be an intern for OM Ireland. After Finishing my last year of High School I knew that chance was given to me from God and I took it. That year changed my life in more ways than I will ever be able to describe! It changed my heart; suddenly my image was less important compared to helping someone in need or just serving. Putting God first instead of myself and really try to make a difference in this world. I still have my struggles and insecurities my doubts and fears but God never ceases to amazes with His encouraging faithfulness! The point of this blog is to say you know what it’s okay not to be like everyone else, be creative, be silly, enjoy life and put others first and most importantly Jesus Christ! After all these years I realized don’t fit in, be the simply beautiful you!  


If you would like to know more about my gap year feel free to email at amiebubblesireland@gmil.com 
                                                                                                     Want to know more about OM? http://www.om.org/                  
 Want to know more about OM Ireland? http://www.ie.om.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment